Open for applications
Cork Alliance Centre
The Cork Alliance Centre works with individuals released from prison. The Centre provides a range of services to support people make a ‘fresh start’, both in terms of reducing offending and increasing positive participation in individual, family and community life.
This challenging role requires an enthusiastic, motivated person to engage in professional support relationships with Service Users to assist in the transition from prison to the community as people move away from offending towards engaging positively in their own life and with family/community. The post holder will work with other members of our support team to provide a person centred service to support service users as they seek to live a crime free life.
Ideally the successful candidate will
- have experience working with the target group on a one-to-one basis, including working with people in addiction and poor mental health
- have excellent communication skills,
- have proven competency in both networking and advocacy,
- have comprehensive knowledge of services,
- be a team player,
- have experience and qualifications in youth work, social work or equivalent
- have own car with a full clean driving licence essential.
Contract duration: 10-11 months
Click here for detailed job description
Garda Vetting and Prison security clearance is required.
Applications from people with convictions/prison in their past are welcomed.
Completed C.V. and letter of application demonstrating suitability for the position (including contact details for 2 referees) should be returned to John O’Riordan, Cork Alliance Centre Chairperson, at
email@example.com OR Cork Alliance Centre, 6 St Patricks Quay, Cork City
Closing date for receipt of applications: 5pm Thursday 15/08/2019